I hope you have all had a most enjoyable week. Maybe you learned something from last week's quiz - the answers are now available.
Sofia and Donald are still away enjoying themselves in their favourite activity but you may read all about them in the two books, Look After Each Other and Sofia's Legacy. Just click on to the links at the bottom of this blog.
On to the quiz -
1. Who in ancient Greece made a great discovery while taking a bath?
2. Who 'tilted at windmills'?
3. Who crowns the Sovereign of Great Britain?
THE ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY
4. Who introduced the 'penny post' in Britain?
SIR ROWLAND HILL
5. Who invented the first astronomical telescope?
6. Who first flew over the North Pole?
7. Who are the patron saints of a)Russia b) Italy?
A)ST. NICHOLAS B)ST. ANTHONY
8. Who founded the Jesuits?
9. Who was the last Viceroy of India?
EARL MOUNTBATTEN OF BURMA
10. Who is regarded as the greatest of Chinese philosophers?
11. WHO stands for what?
WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION
12. Who gave us Love Me Tender and Wooden Heart?
13. Who would be a true cockney?
A PERSON BORN WITHIN THE SOUND OF THE BELLS OF ST. MARY LE BOW CHURCH, CHEAPSIDE, LONDON. UK
14. Who painted the Mona Lisa?
LEONARDO DA VINCI
15. Who was the sixteenth century German engraver famous for Praying Hands?
16. Who lives at 10, Downing Street, London?
THE PRIME MINISTER OF ENGLAND
17. Who was the English outlaw, who robbed the rich to pay the poor?
18. Who in the thirteenth century invented gunpowder and spectacles?
19. Who, in 1927, made the first solo non-stop Atlantic flight?
20. Who wrote Time & Tide, No Regrets, Stay in Touch, Look After Each Other and Sofia's Legacy?
MARILYN L RICE!!!!
(That was an easy one!)
Answers next week.
Thought for the week: It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop! (Confucious)