Saturday, 24 September 2011
Stimulating September 4 SHALOM SEARCH!
I hope things are good with you wherever you are. I would love to have some comments on these quizzes from those of you doing them. This is the last week of September and the last quiz.
Can you really believe it is October next Saturday? If you are in the UK, we are supposedly having an Indian summer in the next few days, which simply means a few more days of sunshine before autumn/winter hits us with a vengeance. As the nights get longer and the days get shorter for us, now is the time to read a good book...
If you are 'down under' have a great spring and summer after the horrendous wet winter.
Sofia and Donald send their love to you all...on with the quiz.
1. What is the Decalogue more commonly known as?
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
2. Who sold his birthright for a 'mess of pottage'?
3. Where did Noah's Ark come to rest after the flood?
4. Who was the Great Lawgiver of the Israelites?
5. What is the Holy Book of the Islamic religion?
6. Which religion has the Five K's?
7. Who was King of England when the first authorised version of the Bible was published?
8. Who said, 'I find no fault with this man'?
9. Name the apostle chosen to fill the place of Judas?
10. What does the word shalom mean?
11. Who captured Samson?
12. Which evangelist came to England for the Crusade in 1984?
13. Who was the founder of the founder of the Salvation Army?
14. Name the most Holy Shrine for the Jews?
WAILING (WESTERN) WALL, JERUSALEM
15. Who wrote his autobiography, My Experiment with Truth ?
16. What is a monotheistic religion?
A RELIGION WHICH WORSHIPS ONE GOD
17. Which religion does the Golden Temple at Amritsar belong to?
18. Which religion celebrates Ramadan?
19. Which Old Testament character is known for his wisdom?
20. How many books are there in the Bible?
Answers next week.
Thought for the week:Reflect quietly and more will become clear