Sunday, 1 January 2012

Happy New Year!

Hello Everyone, 

            Lady M here!

 I  cannot believe it is twelve months since I celebrated New Year in Malta! I was extremely depressed at the prospects of reaching 60 in 2011; now I am approaching 61 and can honestly say that I LOVE being 60! Those of you who have followed this blog throughout the year will remember that I shared my New Year's resolution with you all,

    TAKE OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES AS THEY COME ALONG AND ENJOY THEM!

 At the time I had taken the opportunity of learning how to use chopsticks. I was at the Fortina Hotel and was determined to eat in the Japanese restaurant using the correct utensils! I succeeded, I also amused the waitress with my humble attempts while learning!
Since then, I have taken up other opportunities throughout the year and can proudly say that I have learned how to play Rummikub, become a judge on the Character Counts Book Awards, become a member of the New Writer's UK, launched Sofia's Legacy at the London Book Fair, joined the Monday afternoon tea group at one of my local library's. . .
to mention but a few.

 What have you done?

 I, also, mentioned last year that people tend to go for negative New Year's Resolutions like quitting smoking or losing weight. Negativity leads to misery particularly in January when, if you are in the Northern Hemisphere, it is winter, cold, drab, dreary and depressing after Christmas. It is better to be positive  and so this year along with my last resolution I would like to share these new ones with you:

            I WILL BE HAPPY AND TRY AND SPREAD HAPPINESS
            I WILL SMILE EVERY DAY
            I WILL SEE EACH DAY AS A NEW ADVENTURE AND ONE TO BE ENJOYED
            I WILL COUNT MY BLESSINGS

Howde folks... Sofia here!

 Donald and I would like to share Lady M's New Year's Greetings. It's great to be alive, being deceased has many advantages but do not be in too much of a hurry to get here. Enjoy the life you have, the life you were given to live... accept it without complaint or bitterness.

 I had a mantra while I was on earth with you. You know that you may read all about it in 'her' books but I would like to share some of it with you now:

          I AM A GOOD AND NICE PERSON
          I AM HAPPY AND AFRAID OF NOTHING
          I AM PRIVILEGED AND LUCKY
          I AM AN INDIVIDUAL IN MY OWN RIGHT
          I HAVE NO FEAR OF DEATH

I  know, because I have heard 'her' talking to people, that I and my mantra and do-or-die list have all ready helped some of you through dark days. I like helping people so my New Year advice to you is to be happy and do your own mantra.

Well, folks, there are another 366 days ahead of us ... it's a Leap Year! Donald, I and 'her' wish all of you a very happy 366 days and hope that you manage to accomplish great things and have much happiness throughout them.

           HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

  1. I love your affirmations, very positive, and I agree! I hope you have a wonderful year Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete