Friday, 27 June 2014

Gedling Book Festival 2014





I WAS THERE!

Hello Everyone!

Lady M here. I hope you've all looked at Neil's latest book and if it's your 'cup of tea' purchased a copy. We're enjoying great weather in the UK which makes life seem rosier as the moments pass by. I haven't had a 'magic moment' in the last week but I wait patiently for the next one. I hope you've had some wonderful moments and possibly captured them for posterity or sadder days.

I had a great drive to Gedling on Sunday. Sat Nav was on her best behaviour. It was good to meet old friends and fellow authors as well as new ones.


The Venue
The Festival was a three day one. Each day had a theme. Friday was
crime writing; Saturday - children's literature. Sunday - Sci-fi/fantasy. Now, as we all know Lady M is a 'one off' unique and doesn't fit into categories so it made no difference which day I chose. Last year I chose the Saturday where the emphasis was on children's events. This time there were more Sc-fi events and stalls including games rather like the UK Games Expo of three weeks ago.

I had a lot of people asking me about writing and how to get published which made me think of the old adage that everyone has a book in them. Now, it's easier than ever to get that book printed. Marketing and selling; that's the hard part. I did have some sales though, which made the event worthwhile for me and I was introduced to the Mayor of Gelding. A great honour. I left, jubilant and had a good journey home only to find my drive blocked. Someone, or a family as it turned out, had parked their vehicle with the back part approximately 18" in front of my drive making it impossible to park my car on my own property. Yes, I've taken pics, put a note on it telling the offenders that they're illegally parked, pics have been taken and will be given to the Police. Stay tuned folks!



My beautiful books for all to see!


Coming soon... LOVE YOU FOREVER,

"It's been 5 years since Sofia died, and she and the other spirits "upstairs" continue and watch the dramatic events and devastating consequences that unfold on the earthly plane. This is book 3 in the Sofia Trilogy."

There's still time to read the first two books, LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER and SOFIA'S LEGACY. Simply send a message on the comments, or they are available from Amazon, other online retailers and good book shops. Don't want to buy them? Borrow them from your local library!

Sofia will be back with you next week! 
 
 
 Have a great week,

Lady M

 










No comments:

Post a Comment