Friday, 3 July 2015

Famous Last Words...quiz time!





Hello Everyone,

Surprise! Surprise! It's July. We are half way through 2015. Thinking back to January when I wrote my first blog for 2015, in purple - a colour showing optimism, I suggested that this year could be the year when dreams came true. MAKE IT HAPPEN! Has anyone achieved their wildest dreams yet? If so, please share for encouragement for everyone else. If not, there's another six months to go.

Last week I brought you information and pretty pics from the lovely Oak House in West Bromwich pointing out that we tend not to visit places on our own doorstep. I hope you found that blog inspirational and have or will be visiting somewhere local to you.

This week it's quiz time... who allegedly spoke the following as their final words prior to taking that final step into the next room. Answers next week.

1. I've never felt better. (An actor) DOUGLAS FAIRBANKS

2. Go away. I'm all right. (A writer)H.G.WELLS

3. I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis (A film star)HUMPREY BOGART

4. I've had eighteen straight whiskies. I think that's a record. (A poet)DYLAN THOMAS

5. Why do you weep? Did you think I was immortal? (A French Monarch)LOUIS X1V

6. Josephine! (Do you really need a clue?)NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

7. They couldn't kill an elephant from that distance. (A General in the American Civil War)GENERAL JOHN SEDGWICK

8. Either the wallpaper goes, or I do! (A writer) OSCAR WILDE

9. Die, my dear doctor? That is the last thing I shall do! (A British Prime Minister)LORD PALMERSTON

10.Goodnight my darlings, I'll see you tomorrow. (An English playwright)NOEL COWARD


Have fun!

Lady M

No comments:

Post a Comment