Friday, 22 July 2016

I was there! Gedling Arts Festival.

I was there!
Hello Everyone,

As promised, last week, I was at the Gedling Arts Festival on Saturday and had a fantastic time. It was a new venue for me... The Methodist Church at the centre and heart of Arnold or to be more precise opposite Costa.

Sat Nav was on her best behaviour so I arrived at 8.40 a.m. and was sitting in the car listening to music when others arrived and the place opened at 9.00. Now, those of you who know me well know that I am not an early bird. So, on these occasions I'm always extremely pleased with myself. Next, it is time to unload and set up before coffee and breakfast. It was also nice to chat with old friends and meet new exhibitors.

This festival was not just books as it had been in the past but 'arts' and there were a few stalls selling art and craft goodies as well as 'us veteran authors'. Saturday was 'Children's Day' so the programme was geared toward children. One of the guests was a magician, Duncan Williams who came along to  my stall after his show and performed a wonderful mind-reading task with myself and my cousin, Graham, who had joined me in the afternoon. He asked me to write down something familiar, I chose my father's name. He then wrote down the correct name. He asked my cousin to draw some object. Graham chose scissors. We were amazed when Duncan drew scissors!

The event also had musicians playing outside giving a relaxed atmosphere to the whole proceedings. Another author friend of mine who lives locally, Caroline Bell Foster  popped in for a chat and I sold books as well. An additional bonus... the sun was shining. All in all, I had a great day and was a little sad when it was time to pack up.

The final excitement of my day? Chicken and chips! Collected on the way home.


Arnold Methodist Church
Craft stall near the Church café




Costa!







Music!
Have a great week,

Love Lady M

No comments:

Post a Comment