Friday, 1 July 2016

On Your Own Doorstep... Forge Mill Farm, West Bromwich


                                         



Hello Everyone,

As promised I am visiting The Forge Mill Farm this week. Even if you live on the other side of the globe I hope my little trip around my local sites has inspired you to seek out and enjoy what you may have missed on your own doorstep.

Forge Mill Farm offers visitors the chance to see a variety of farm animals. The farm shop sells fresh meat, vegetables, plants, gifts and serves drinks and light snacks. There is a children's play area, a farm trail, good access to Forge Mill Lake and ample car parking. During the summer there is a Maize Maze. (Info from the Sandwell Council website).

http://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200248/parks_and_green_spaces/742/forge_mill_farm

As a farmer's daughter I remember, when I first came to this conurbation area, wondering where children would see animals. I missed them! I was so used to looking out of my bedroom window and seeing lambs in the paddock or cattle on the hillside. Since then working farms have become a tourist attraction and industry enabling children to actually see cattle and realise that milk does not just come in a carton at the supermarket. This farm and the nearby lake is a fantastic place to spend family leisure time. I would like to share one or two pics I took on a recent visit.





 


 


 
 
Have a great week. Love you all, Lady M and Sofia xxxx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment