Friday, 9 December 2016

Sofia's Selection 7 ... The Twelve Days of Christmas


                                                     




Howde Folks,

For my seventh selection I have chosen one which Donald also picked last year. Lady M originally published it in 2010. It is a very modern set of gifts for Christmas. Maybe, it will help you decide on gifts for special people. May I suggest the best gift of all would be a book or books about US!

                                                                  **********
                                                        
I hope you've all had a great November. I enjoyed 28 very sunny days in Cyprus and am now back in the UK . . . Oh well, it is December with Christmas in less than 3 weeks.

This has led me to think about the traditional 'twelve days of Christmas' and the gifts. Would you thank anyone for sending you 'a partridge in a pear tree' today? Would you really appreciate milking maids or leaping lords?

So, if your true love were to send gifts on each of the Christmas days what would he choose in the 21st century?

I think it would be something like this:-

On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me A Nintendo DS

On the second day of Christmas my true love sent to me 2 Laptops and a Nintendo DS

On the third day of Christmas my true love sent to me 3 Digital cameras, 2 Laptops and a Nintendo DS

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love sent to me 4 Plasma TV's, 3 Digital cameras, 2 Laptops and a Nintendo DS

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love sent to me 5 Gold rings, 4 Plasma TV's, 3 Digital cameras, 2 Laptops and a Nintendo DS
(Yes! This one stays the same, who would not want five gold rings or any other jewellery! So...)

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love sent to me 6 Diamond pendants, 5 Gold rings, 4 Plasma TV's, 3 Digital cameras, 2 Laptops and a Nintendo DS.

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me 7 Mobile phones, 6 Diamond pendants, 5 Gold rings, 4 Plasma TV's, 3 Digital cameras, 2 Laptops and a Nintendo DS

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love sent to me 8 Bottles of French perfume, 7 Mobile phones, 6 Diamond pendants, 5 Gold rings, 4 Plasma TV's 3 Digital cameras, 2 Laptops and a Nintendo DS

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love sent to me 9 Boxes of Belgium chocolates, 8 Bottles of French perfume, 7 Mobile phones, 6 Diamond pendants, 5 Gold rings, 4 Plasma TV's, 3 Digital cameras, 2 Laptops and a Nintendo DS

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love sent to me 10 Designer handbags, 9 Boxes of Belgium chocolates, 8 Bottles of French perfume, 7 Mobile phones, 6 Diamond pendants, 5 Gold rings, 4 Plasma TV's, 3 Digital cameras, 2 Laptops and a Nintendo DS

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me 11 DVD's, 10 Designer handbags, 9 Boxes of Belgium chocolates, 8 Bottles of French perfume, 7 Mobile phones, 6 Diamond pendants, 5 Gold rings, 4 Plasma TV's, 3 Digital cameras, 2 Laptops and a Nintendo DS

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me 12 Red roses, 11 DVD's, 10 Designer handbags, 9 Boxes of Belgium chocolates, 8 Bottles of French perfume, 7 Mobile phones, 6 Diamond pendants, 5 Gold rings, 4 Plasma TV's, 3 Digital cameras, 2 Laptops and a Nintendo DS.

(C) Marilyn L Rice 2010.

                                                              ********

Happy gift hunting and lots of love until next week,  Sofia xxxx



2 comments:

  1. Now if I can only find that sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...if only! What are you going to do with all the perfume too, Missy?!

    ReplyDelete