I hope you've enjoyed the quizzes during September. This will be the last one as October is looming on the horizon . . .
1. Who wrote 'War and Peace'?
2. What is the capital of Egypt?
3. What is the currency in Egypt?
EGYPTIAN POUND (E£)
4. Which is the shortest month in the year?
5. What is a baby lion called?
6. In which winter sport is a broom part of the equipment?
7. Who was the idol of the Indian masses shot by a fanatic in 1948?
8. To whom do the Falkland Islands belong?
9.In Germany which places are famous for a)perfume, b)china, c)pottery?
A)COLOGNE B)DRESDEN C)MEISSEN
10. In which book does Louisa M Alcott introduce the four March sisters for the first time?
11. Who painted The Hay Wain?
12. Who was assassinated on the Ides of March, 44 BC?
13. Who is the patron saint of carpenters?
14. Which TWO planets are nearest the sun?
MERCURY & VENUS
15. Which acid is present in vinegar?
16. If I were a philatelist, what would I be collecting?
17. What is the Roman numeral for 1,000?
18. Which famous Quaker in 1671 founded one of the American States?
19. If I were taking a boat ride on the River Seine, which city would I be visiting?
20. In No Regrets what was Joanna's occupation?
Thought for the week: Each Day Brings New Opportunities!