Friday 17 May 2019

Just be positive!



Hello Everyone,

I hope you found last week's blog helpful if you were feeling down, sad or just disillusioned with life. After thinking about the effects of a smile I began thinking about some of my previous posts on positivity and wandered into my archives and found this one, my New Year posting in 2017.

Yes, that's almost two-and-a-half years ago. How time flies whether you are having fun or not. Last week I found my way to the optician's for an eye test and discovered that my eyesight had improved with age. I now think of my eyesight in the same way as a good vintage! However, I was chatting to the optician who was very young, at a guess in her twenties, I told her how quickly time seemed to pass when you got older. She was rather alarmed because she felt, at her tender age, that time was speeding by. I explained to her that I felt it was due to the modern age of technology where everything seems to be so much faster. In fact, it doesn't seem like seven days since my blog on smiling posted.

All of my New year blogs are optimistic and offer positivity for the future. I've suggested taking new ideas and opportunities; taking each day as a new beginning. Looking at life as an exciting adventure; seeing every day as a holiday. Always looking for the good and the advantage of every situation or dilemma. So, I would like to leave you with this blog in the hope that if you are going through a difficult time you may find something positive besides a smile to help you through the dark days.

                                                      *****************

Happy New Year!

Yes, it's Lady M back with you for awhile and thanking Sofia for looking after you all at the end of last year. I hope you enjoyed her stroll down memory lane. What is she doing now? Where is she? Who is she with? If you need to ask you have not read her books!

So, it is January 6th 2017. I am finding it hard to believe, too. 2016 was an incredible year on many fronts. Brexit? America's Presidential Election? Both had surprising outcomes. Then there were the numerous deaths of celebrities in the music and film world; many of them still in their youth: well 50's and 60's. The latest, and I think we are still all in shock at the revelation of George Michael's death, only 53. Very young in today's society.  We can only hope that 2017 will be a better year.

I like to begin each year with a positive message of hope for the future.

Last year:

Happy 2016. Now, readers, you may recall that in the past I have given positive messages at the beginning of the year. This year I would like to give you three gifts... positivity, hope and a blank page. Throughout 2016 use the blank page to write down all the good and positive things that happen in your life.

If you did this I hope your page is now full and you are in a position to count your blessings.

In previous years I have suggested that you make the most of every opportunity; I have pointed out that every moment counts and time should not be wasted as tomorrow is never promised to us.

This year I would just like to give you all my best wishes and hope that it will be a happy year for you.

                                                   ******************
Be positive!

Lady M xxxx



7 comments:

  1. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you will be a great
    author. I will always bookmark your blog and may come
    back later in life. I want to encourage you continue your great posts, have a
    nice morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your weblog?

    My website is in the very same niche as yours and my users would definitely benefit from a lot
    of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this
    ok with you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please give me a link for your blog. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Hi! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came
    to give it a look. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and will be
    tweeting this to my followers! Exceptional blog and terrific design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was able to find good advice from your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, this weekend is fastidious designed for me, as this moment i am reading this wonderful informative article here at my home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete