Friday 3 January 2020

New year. New decade. New beginnings.


Hello Everyone,


                                                        2020! Happy New Year!


Yes, 2019 has disappeared down the black hole never to return, leaving us with only memories. It is a new year, decade and beginning. The festive Christmas season is also over. For many of you it will have been, like mine, roaming down a memory lane of bitter sweet memories.

Many of you know that I lost my insignificant other, my rock, friend and soul mate to aggressive cancer in September leaving me as a 'widow' again. Some of you will be moving into 2020 with sadness as widows or orphans, or as I am, both. Yes, it's been a double whammy.

While this new beginning may be tinged with sadness at a loss I give you this thought...

                                                         The glass is still half full!



Usually at this time of the year I give you some kind of thought or message for the year ahead. Make it a year of firsts... enjoy every moment... positivity... happiness... once I gave you a blank page to fill throughout the year. 

This year I would like to suggest that you begin by making a kind of bucket or to do list. Think about all those things you've always intended doing but never got round to... travel, hobbies, learning languages, voluntary work...whatever. My character, Sofia Haslington, turned her life round by making such a list and a mantra to make her drab days seem better but she began by purchasing a lipstick. It gave her confidence and made everything seem brighter. It works for me and Sofia. If it doesn't work for you there's bound to be something that does. Find it! Each dawn is a new beginning. Make it a good one by smiling.

Some of Bobby's last words to me were that he was going upstairs and would be waiting for me. There hasn't been a day in the last four months when I haven't wanted to walk up those stairs and see his smiling face waiting for me. Alas, it is not possible. it is not my time and my work here is incomplete. So, let us go through this year together remembering...

                                                       The glass is still half full...

… of happiness, joy, adventures, excitement and good times to come. Enjoy. Look forward to the future. Embrace it.

I would like to leave you with a couple of quotations to keep you smiling and brighten the days.

From Desiderata,

          "Therefore be at peace with God
            whatever you conceive him to be.
           and whatever your labours and aspirations
           in this noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

          With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,
          it is still a beautiful world.
          Be cheerful.
          Strive to be happy."

                    Max Ehrmann,  1927


From the musical Carousel, 

            "Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone!"


                                                              ***************


Happy New Year, Lady M xxxxx


                                                   

               









No comments:

Post a Comment