Friday 29 January 2021

#7 neighs about Covid-19

 






Neigh #7 here,

I, and all of the singing horses, hope that you are #stayinghome and #stayingsafe . We are very concerned for all of you. I am only a little foal so I do not understand it all but those big stallions neigh it to me. It still puzzles me how a 'virus' can take control. This horse day I have chosen two days from Lady M's chronicles to share with you. What's a chronicle? I must hoof it in my hoofing dictionary.  Happy hoofing, my friends.

                                                     **********************


Day 306 Saturday, 23 January 2021, (Lockdown 3/Day 19) ANOTHER WEEKEND

Good morning!

I looked out late last night. God is suffering from dandruff again. However, this morning it seems as if he has swept some of it up. There are still traces of that white stuff but much more greenery.

Feeling happy today. No real reason. (Blue bus going to the station. Empty). I think that those of us who survive this pandemic will be the lucky ones and the only way to survive is to accept the situation for what it is. Obey the rules. Stay home. Find things to do. Take up a new hobby. Reading. Writing. Origami. Whatever. Just stop complaining. You do not need a holiday abroad. Accept staycations. Think of the adage, “North, South, East or West. Home is best”. The fact that you are reading this means that you have a mobile phone, or Internet facilities. You have a home. Be thankful for that. Count your blessings.

It is 1.08. I am at the computer in my library. So far, this morning I have had porridge for breakfast because it’s cold. Pottered, worked, and played. Looking at films for this afternoon. Gonna take a break now. BBL.

2.12pm. Wow! White stuff falling! God needs to change his shampoo!

Just completed day 19 of my Marketing Challenge. I have updated my Amazon Author Page. To be honest I had forgotten I had one. You see, it is amazing what you remember when you take up a challenge as well as what you can learn. Please go to Amazon, put any of my book titles in with my name or you could be scrolling through a hundred pages. At the bottom of the details, it says “Follow the author”. There is a pretty pic of Moi. Click on it. Read all about it and even be a follower. Incidentally, the Amazon ratings are mysterious to all, but one thing is definite. The more peeps click on to look at the details the higher the ranking. So, my friends, be kind to me, keep clicking!

Lunch next and the afternoon movie.

Okay. Lunch was my surprise soup. Golden vegetable. If you are new to these postings and wondering about surprise soup it is like this… I take about 30 packets and mix them up in a box and just pick one out. It makes lunch more exciting and also prevents me having to make a big decision.

The afternoon movie was “Never Say Goodbye”. An oldie. You know I love those best because I am one of life’s veterans. It was set in the war years. A surgeon thinks his wife is dead until she walks back into his life. Beautiful and with a happy ending.

Dinner. Pork chops with eggs, carrots, mushrooms, and jacket potato with vino. And another normal evening. Back tomorrow.

 Day 307 Sunday January 24th, 2021, (Lockdown 3/ Day20)

Wow! It is about 10.00 am. Time to leave the place of my slumber. Count my blessings and stay positive and happy throughout another day. Today is “Songs of Praise” day and that puts a smile on my face. Venture into back room. Look out of window. Double wow! God sure does have a problem. That white stuff is about an inch deep out there. Positivity. It looks pretty. Front window. The same. Take pics of virgin snow for FB, Twitter and Instagram. Dress. Downstairs. Say good morning to the candle. Am I going outside? Don’t be silly! Kitchen. Kettle on. Porridge day. Cold. Temperature 0°. Brekky. Annoyed. Really annoyed. Beyond really. “Songs of Praise” has moved to BBC2. Why? Football matches are being shown on BBC 1.  Peeps are going to see their idols hugging each other. What are they going to do? Certainly not obey instructions of ‘hands, face, space’.  Actions have consequences. Case numbers and deaths are severe. Showing football matches is giving the wrong message.

So, how to spend today. Television. Potter. Play. Work. Just another Groundhog Day with snow on the ground. Treat? Pizza for dinner. Afternoon film? “84 Charing Cross Road” Another oldie. I have seen this one before, but I like it. Also, gotta finish a Clockmaker game before midnight to get big reward.

What is happening in the outside world beyond the snow? Oh, snowball fighters are being threatened with fines. Throwing snowballs contravenes Covid-19 rules. Joe Biden has attended his first Mass as President. I notice Trump has faded into oblivion. How long will it last? A man with his ego, even if he has been silenced on social media, cannot stay out of the limelight for long. Wow! A man in California has died, he tested positive for Covid-19, was given the vaccine but passed away an hour later. For Moi, that rings alarm bells. Experts are saying they do not know how long immunity will last after the vaccine. Neither are they sure how successful it will be for the new strains. Also, in the UK, a decision by someone was made not to give the second dose after three weeks as instructed by the manufactures but to leave it for twelve weeks enabling more peeps to have the first dose. Will that prevent immunity for those already vaccinated? (Bus alert. Mini blue bus with one passenger heading for town. Second empty blue bus following.)

“Songs of Praise” time. Aled Jones is hosting today from Windsor Chapel. Lots of lovely old hymns and memories of historic occasions.

Back to the computer and Clockmaker. Ring. Ring. Telephone. A nice break as I chat to someone else, I met in Cyprus. Memories.

It’s surprise soup and film time. BBL.

5.00pm. Looking out of library window. Wow! Neighbours are making the biggest snowman they can from the white stuff lingering on the ground. They even have a bin (grey one, household waste) to stand on. Pic later. The film was great. Lunch was golden veg again.

Okay. Time to look at those figures. My weekly update. Have we reached the one hundred million? Not quite. Globally, 99,544,378. Last week it was 95,173,803. So, that’s 4.5 million more. Things are not getting any better, are they? I predicted the milestone figure as between today and Tuesday. Looks like it is gonna be tomorrow. Here, in the UK, we are at 3,647,463. Russia is at 3,719,400. We are in danger of overtaking them and becoming #4th globally. If we ever pass America’s figure… well most of us will be pushing up daisies.

Downstairs. Pizza and television. “Dancing on Ice” is back. I love the music. That’s followed by a new edition of “Who want’s to be a Millionaire” without an audience. Then, a new drama, “Finding Alice”. I’ll be back later to finish that Clockmaker game before midnight.


 Neighbours snowman!

#7 still here. They neigh me to remind you that you can hoof all about us at

 The Singing Horses | Book| Austin Macauley Publishers

💓💓💓💓💓

No comments:

Post a Comment