|Isn't it just beautiful? Paphos sunset. I love it!|
The answers to last week's Shakespeare quiz are now available. So, how many did you get right? Go on... be honest. Did you cheat and look up the answers?
For my second quiz in this series, I am using three eminent American authors, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway and John Steinbeck.
F. Scott Fitzgerald was born in St Paul, Minnesota and wrote five novels and five volumes of short stories. Ernest Hemingway was from Chicago, the second of six children and the son of a doctor. John Steinbeck was born in California, he wrote a number of books, short stories and plays.
Twelve questions. Twenty-four characters. Can you name the twelve novels and their author. Well, you have a one in three chance of being right with the author. Answers next week.
1. Rose of Sharon & Casy, the preacher THE GRAPES OF WRATH, (J.S.)
2. Robert Cohn & Mrs Braddocks FIESTA (THE SUN ALSO RISES) (E.H.)
3. George & Lennie OF MICE AND MEN (J.S.)
4. Nick Carraway & Gatsby THE GREAT GATSBY (F.S.F)
5. Catherine Barkley & Frederic Henry A FAREWELL TO ARMS (E.H.)
6. Monroe Stahr & Cecelia Brady THE LAST TYCOON (F.S.F)
7. Robert Jordan & Anselmo FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS (E.H.)
9.Apolonia & The Doctor THE PEARL (J.S)
10.Dick & Nicole Diver TENDER IS THE NIGHT (F.S.F)
11.Santiago & Manolin THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA (E.H)
12.Amory Blaine & Beatrice Blaine THIS SIDE OF PARADISE (F.S.F.)
Have fun... yours, Lady M