Friday 14 June 2019

Just be sensible

 



Hello everyone

Lady M still here. This will be the last post on her impromptu series of Just. She hopes you have found them uplifting and helpful through any daily traumas. She's decided to conclude with being sensible. She's decided to cheat slightly and popped into the archives for a post she wrote at the beginning of the year. She's wondering if idiot has realized that they have been plastered all over the Internet. No, she has never seen idiot again as she has never had reason to drive along that road.  However, most peeps know that Lady M is a believer in karma and is aware of numerous occasions when peeps who have upset or crossed her in any way reap just desserts. Karma is her friend so perhaps idiot has received theirs. 😜



What will she be posting next week? She is reminded of a comment the great Charles Dickens made when he was writing Nicholas Nickleby. Originally, he wrote this work as a series for a paper and it was published in installments. An eager reader espied him and asked, "Mr. Dickens, what will Nicholas do next week?" His reply, "Madam, I don't know I haven't written it yet."


Outrage on Cooper Street
On Saturday, 8th December, I attempted to get my car from Treddles Lane onto the main road. I am driving along Cooper Street as a car is coming up Park Street and wanting to turn left so I continue along Cooper Street and turn right into the final small section of that road. There is a parked vehicle at the top on the right, one half way down on the left facing me with the engine running ready to move. Another car is parked at the bottom end on the right. So, I proceed, overtake the middle car, move back to the left and try to pass the parked car at the bottom of the road. By now, there is another car behind me and the one I’d overtaken has been able to leave the street. Unfortunately, the bottom car was too near the middle of the road for me to pass. I gesticulated expecting person to move over so that we could both move and the one behind me as well. Person sat in car like a statue. I try again. Person still like a statue. Weird! 
Then, person gets out of car comes over to me and shouts, “You just had to push through, didn’t you.” WHAT! How was the car in the middle going to get out if I didn’t move down? Fly over me and the other parked vehicle? Was person serious? I am a little stunned. Next, person locks car and says, “I’m going home. I only live there.” I’m thinking, shall I do the same? I could walk round the corner and leave my car. Now. I watch Judge Rinder and that word he uses frequently comes to mind… STUPID! Anyway, why would I want to be as childish as person?
I get out and talk with lady in the car behind me. She asked why person didn’t just move over; she wanted to call the police. Then person would probably have got either a caution or £60 ticket for blocking the road. I explained that I lived round the corner and this type of situation was a regular occurrence. It would take time for them to arrive and by then our roads would probably be at gridlock. I suggested it would be easier if she reversed and went down Park Street. She was silent, probably thinking why should she. I pointed out that I was totally blocked in and couldn’t go anywhere. She, being sensible, took the reversing option and I followed her. When person saw me moving person came out of house, probably thinking how clever they had been. But has a person who cannot see the whole road situation even got a driving licence? There’s a thought!
The law in the UK states that we wear seatbelts while driving and I am law abiding citizen. So, after reversing I stop conveniently by person’s off-road parking area. Now, I’m a senior citizen and can be a little slow. Seatbelts have to be fitted correctly. Person has now pulled up behind me so I look in mirror, wave and smile. I don’t think person was very pleased because person got out of car and proceeded toward mine presumably thinking of giving me another bol….ing! Oh dear, I drove off before person got opportunity, waving and smiling. How to deal with stupidity!
Btw, I’m the one who has emailed the council requesting yellow lines in our streets before a child is injured or killed when leaving the local school.

So, peeps be happy, lucky, nice, smile but always be sensible and between us we will make the world a better place.

Love Lady M



                                                                                   

2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger.
    I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post.
    Also, I have shared your website in my social networks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very shortly this site will be famous amid
    all blog visitors, due to it's fastidious
    posts

    ReplyDelete