Friday 14 January 2022

Plan B

 

                                                         


Neigh, #7 here,

At last I am back and from all the equine community I neigh you 'A Happy New Year'. We all enjoyed ourselves in our new Oklahoma home. Remember, you may read all about us in Lady M's book, THE SINGING HORSES. The Singing Horses | Book | Austin Macauley Publishers. #exciting, #adventure #escapism #gift 

We equine know about things in the human world and watch your behaviour with interest. We find you amusing. This week, I am bringing you Lady M's account of Day 657 of your pandemic. #enjoy


Day 657 Sunday, 09 January 2022, (Plan B Day 41) Songs of Praise Day.

 

I was so pleased this morning when my eyes opened at their usual time. 9.30 am. I beheld sunshine through the drapes/curtains. Yes, smile. Much better than yesterday. Out of bed. Look out. All is good. Free parking on Tesco’s car park therefore our little street is deserted. Beautiful. Downstairs. Cereals and first cuppa.

 

Time to be brave. Coat on. Shoes on. Go outside, feed pigeons, put recycling material in Miss Bugsy Blue Wheelie. Shocked. That Mr Sunshine is deceiving. He is still blinding me but… it is cold. Never mind. I will still clear some of the things out of the garage store. Take Mrs Grisly Grey round to the front and prepare. Back inside. Close up the back of my mammoth property in case I get an intruder while at the front. Collect car key. Out of the front. Open garage. Little car excited. She thinks we are going on a little jaunt. Oh dear. Disappointed. She is just parked on the road. Time to pick up some of the rubbish from the front garden and then a few items that have been stored needlessly into the waste bin ready for their disposal by the refuse department on Tuesday. (That will be Day 43 of Plan B). Return car to garage ignoring her disappointed tantrum. Lock garage. Inside. Remove coat and shoes. Time for the well-earned second cuppa. Relax. It’s not even noon yet!

Hey, those buds on the trees are deffo getting larger. Leaves will be coming soon. I did observe while collecting the rubbish from the front that I have shoots growing through the bark. I will have pretty flowers, too, soon. Isn’t nature wonderful?

 

Next thing today. Songs of Praise. The theme is baptism, as it is baptism Sunday, and brought to us by Sean Fletcher. A lot of hymns which I enjoyed and sang along with joy. In particular, O Jesus I have promised to serve thee to the end… Memory alert. The first time I sang that after my confirmation in 1965, and fully aware of its meaning. Yes, it was in Holy Trinity Church in that little Derbyshire village I have frequently referred to, Ashford-in the-Water. I remember the Bishop confirming me into the Church of England, and then taking my first communion at the altar rail. I remember the white dress I had specifically for that purpose and how different I felt after that first taking of the bread and wine. I had freely taken a vow to live my life as a Christian and that meant putting Jesus first, then others before myself. Or as someone recently described it. JOY! Jesus, Others, Yourself. Fifty-seven years ago. My life, probably like yours, my friends, has been a rollercoaster ride of highs and lows, good times and bad but through it all I have held fast to my faith and promise. I was flattered a few years ago when one of my Sikh neighbours told me I was the most Christian person he had ever encountered. Maybe, I’ve got it right. Well, at least some of the time!

 

Earlier in this pandemic I probably told you of my humble, but unsuccessful attempt at Origami. That is high on my list for this year. I intend mastering it if it is the last thing I do.  More recently, thinking of my spiritual and psychic side I purchased a crystal ball. I have had one unsuccessful attempt at looking in it. I, also intend getting the hang of that this year. Stay tuned, my friends.

 

The weather today 6° or 43°. I prefer the latter, but it is still too cold for Moi!

 

3.00pm. Lunchtime. Chicken and mushroom pie with a vanilla latte while watching the classic film, Jane Eyre on the Classic channel. Oh, Mr Rochester and Grace Poole. It’s a black and white classic, (1943) but it is still a film depicting the time of writing. I just love watching that, what is now, primitive way of life. Whether I would have liked it is another matter. No Motorways, traffic jams, mobile phones, television, fridge-freezers or washing machines. Just a slower life eating the seasonal food, accepting life for what it was. I love the dresses as well.

News. What is happening in the world today?

 

In America the great Golden Globes ceremonies begin in Los Angeles. However, no red carpet, no stars present, no glamour, not even televised. Changing times.

 

While we were enjoying the ‘personal responsibility’ approach to Covid after our shackles had been removed in July, there were big changes in Afghanistan. America withdrew its military forces, and Britain followed. The Taliban took advantage of the situation and were in control again. Panic and despair ensued. Chaos and confusion as thousands with UK or US passports descended on Kabul airport to escape before the deadline in August. They feared for their lives if they remained beyond the deadline. Alas, it was not possible to get all of them out in time. In all of the chaos a baby became separated from its family, was handed to a US soldier, then lost but found in the airport on the floor crying by a taxi driver. He took him home where he and his family looked after him. He would have brought him up as his own if the child’s family could not be located.  After five months the boy has been reunited with his grandfather still in Afghanistan, his parents have been able to see him via video links. They are now in Texas and hope that their son will be joining them soon. Don’t you just love a happy ending and one where you can see the kindness of strangers?

 

At least twenty-two tourist are dead after becoming stranded in their vehicles as a metre of snow fell overnight in North-East Pakistan. What an awful way to die. Freezing in your car with no escape.

 

Kazakhstan! Apparently, 5,000 peeps have been arrested over the last few days because of rioting over the rising price of fuel. I didn’t even know it was happening.

 

Here in the UK, there is talk of reducing the isolation period, if testing positive, from 7 to 5 days. This would ease the problem of staff absence. Our case figure today is 141,472 with 97 deaths. Not bad. Looking good unless you are one of the fatalities. It is the lowest figure of the week. Two days ago, Friday, we had 313 deaths. Things are getting better. What is the global figure? We have passed the 300 million mark and now have 307,862,252 total cases. The death figure has passed 5.5 million and stands at 5,505,967. The US is at the top of the league (61+ million) followed by India (35+ million) and then Brazil (22+ million). We remain in fourth position with 14,475,192. Almost 14.5 million total cases. France is catching up with alarming speed, at 12+ million. It’s scary.

 

I think that is enough from me for today. I am going to enjoy my evening. I hope you will all do the same. Best wishes and stay safe. Goodnight!


Neigh #7 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment