Friday, 12 May 2017
it's quiz time 4... What year?
How did your proverbial skills cope last week?
All the following events are memorable but can you remember the year without the aid of Google?
1. Did John Glenn orbit the Earth? 1962
2. Was the Wall Street Crash?1929
3. Did Britain celebrate the Queen's Silver Jubilee?1977
4. Did Nelson Mandela become President of South Africa?1995
5. Did Howard Carter find the Tomb of Tutankhamen in Egypt?1924
6. Did President Nixon resign over Watergate?1974
7. Did England win the World Cup?1966
8. Did the German invasion of Poland start World War II? 1939
9. Did Prohibition begin in the USA?1920
10. Did Queen Victoria die? 1901
11. Did the Titanic sink?1912
12. Was the Princess of Wales killed in a car crash in Paris?1997
13. Did the Falklands 'conflict' take place?1982
14. Was President Kennedy assassinated in Dallas?1963
15. Was the Abdication of Edward VIII? 1936
16. Did Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tensing conquer Everest?1953
17. Was the Russian Revolution?1917
18. Did Elvis Presley die?1977
19. Did Concorde make its maiden flight?1969
20. Did the Battle of Britain take place?1940
Answers, next week!
Love to you all, Lady M xxxxx